Crazy Tales of Pre-Wedding Plans

Tuesday 11 May 2010

So my Soon-To-Be called my Dad last night in America. Conversation went something like this;

"Hello?"
"Hi Allen, its Soon-To-Be"
"Oh, right, hello- (they have never met before) -This is unexpected".
"Well, I want to talk to you about something if thats ok?"
"Okaaay?"
"Well, your daughter and I have been discussing it and we would like to get married with your permission?"
"Oh, wow, oh. Thats a suprise, wow, oh congratulations, wow"
"Yeah"
"That is good news, congratulations, wow, of course, yes."
"It will be next year, and we will both be moving down to Oxford, I'm based down there".
"Wow, thats great. God, I'm at work"
"I thought you might be on your lunch?"
"Yes, I was just going, wow, congratulations, that is good news."
"Thank you."
"Well I guess I will see you in the summer then."
"Yep"
"Bye"
"Goodbye"

Or something like that, I wasn't there thank God. Would never have been able to get over the nerves if I was. Bless him, bless them both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment